Tuesday 17 February 2015

Victory Gardens versus CPR


Today was the day for the CPR to attack the community gardens along our stretch of the Arbutus Corridor.  On my way to Choices, I had my camera and also an altercation with the CPR man in charge - at least in charge of convincing pesky photographers that they (the CPR) were doing a necessary thing with great sensitivity.  They really need the space for storing rail cars!  I was not convinced, but I was a bit intimidated, so I biked back later (as the CPR crew was leaving down the track) for a scarecrow photo.

mailed to all nearby residents last week
view from 57th Ave - fruit trees "left for now" (except for the one on the left)



In red, a descendant of the scarecrow that startled Bess on our morning bike/run 10 years ago.
In black, the gardener who has just finished moving his stuff back behind the fence, off "CPR land".
same scarecrow - rear view
the gardener seems philosophical - considers it the City's fault for not telling him
It's true they have been doing a good job of moving gardeners' sheds and some trees.  But still ...

1 comment: