Wednesday 22 April 2015

Blossoms ... but bees?

The backyard fruit tree blossom has been magical, but there's not much buzzing.  Will there be fruit to follow?

Cherries.
Our "found"cherry, from Joanne via Candy, couldn't have had more bloom.  Last year it had about 4 cherries.  This year I think it had about 4 bees, but I guess we (or whoever is here in mid-late July?) will see.


Apples.
Lots for the bees to chose among.  Hopefully they snuck about when I wasn't looking.
"Red-free" espaliered apple from the 2002 UBC Apple Fair

"Belle de Boscoop" - for all-winter yummy apple desserts - from the 1991 UBC Apple Fair

As for the wood anemone splendour, the flowers do it all, bees not required.

And this from Diana's and my Kerrisdale walk … evidence of a flowering-cherry "snowstorm" outside Starbuck's … my camera couldn't catch the flying petals (even I can't see them).

Lesson.  We need to find and re-instate our Mason-bee houses.

1 comment:

  1. Such beauty !

    Thank you for these lovely flowers, Muriel :-)

    ReplyDelete