Friday 10 April 2015

Mountain bluebirds

A treat this afternoon.  Doco and I were walking home across the field below Aunt Heather's tree and I caught a flash of blue.  A pair of "mountain bluebirds" - birds neither of us has seen on the ranch for some decades, and maybe my favourites (next to chickadees).  Out with my camera.  Bluebirds are flycatchers, so sit obligingly on fence posts.  These photos are nothing like those on Alistair Fraser's Kootenay Lake blog, but I am thrilled with them.  And I dare you to say "mum, where is the bird?"
blue on blue - Slocan Lake behind
this photo composed itself ...
… and this one, as if he is posed against the maple just coming into leaf
The female is hardly blue at all, so didn't get her picture taken.  Hmm …

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures of beautiful birds ! Thank you, Meo !

    I don't suppose these lovely birds will still be around come July?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hopeful that, as they are a pair, they are here to nest - and therefore MAY be here in July, if invisible.

      Delete