Friday 24 July 2015

the binge shopper

TWO pairs of new glasses … but I got a deal!

I noticed last week at New Denver that my rimless glasses of at least 10 years looked as if they were about to fall to pieces.   So, on Wednesday, I went straight from the plane to Tru-Valu Optical on Broadway.  Which frames??  I had only five days in Vancouver, and rimless would take much longer, so a change was required.  And no friend or relation at hand to have an opinion.  With Padma's help, I tried on everything possible in the store and settled on these - Belgian and blue.  Then, "We have a promotion. With your glasses, you can get a pair of polarized progressive prescription sunglasses for free. You just pay for the frames."  Well!  Same frames, different colour.  "If you get tired of the blue, you can come in next year and we can swap the lenses."

Today I thought, since no one has seen me with real frames in so many years, I would have Padma take two photos in the shop - so you'd know me when you see me (and so you can see why I had to get TWO pairs).  Oh yes, they seem to work fine too, and disaster is averted.

No comments:

Post a Comment