Sunday 24 August 2014

chicks at six weeks

So - Ellen, Alice, Molly, Lily - here are "your" four chicks, born on (I think) July 13th.  Now "teenagers" I guess.  They still mostly follow their mother around wherever she goes in the garden, but at least one (only his head's in the photo) is getting adventuresome.



Can you tell among the chicks "which is which"?  I can't.  Problem is, when I try to get a photo of all four, all I get is backs.  






Ahh, here they are all four (plus mum) more or less visible.  Chris thinks one of the browns will be a rooster.


A lone hen has a secret hole in the fence and spends her days at large - even up picking strawberries with Doco in the orchard.  This morning, we thought Red had found the hole, but it turns out he charged Chris in the garden and got thrown over the fence.  He is doing his rooster-strut back and forth to the cathedral for our breakfast entertainment.

1 comment:

  1. The experts here in Montreal tell me that the wandering hen is 'frekles'.

    ReplyDelete