Saturday 18 October 2014

UBC 9, U Calgary 0

Here is a very happy UBC team after their 9-0 win over the University of Calgary today.  I wondered why the UBC ream was working so hard to keep getting more goals in the last few minutes, but Rowan said they needed to get 9 goals in the two U Calgary games (today and tomorrow) to come out on top of U Vic in the western Canadian division.  Looks as if they've done it in one!   But I guess they still need to win tomorrow.

Doco accuses me of gendered field hockey watching.  I don't go to see all of Thomson's games!  And Rowan wasn't even playing.  Ah well.  I say Doco and I are her only Vancouver-family rooters.  And, actually Rowan was more involved in the game - taking stats of both teams - than was the #1 goalie who may have touched the ball once.  

More tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment