Saturday 17 January 2015

DIana's birthday shenanigans


A perfect day for a January birthday.  A Saturday.  Only a little rain.  And the first day of Celtic Traditions January Sale!   Damage done.  For Diana a gorgeous Yorkshire "Buttercup" cardigan (modelled below).   For me a repeat purple-Harley-pullover.  (You never know when you may need a new copy of your favourite sweater, and chances are, when I've gone through the elbows, had them patched, and then gone through the patches, Michael won't be able to get my favourite sweater anymore.)

where I'm spending much of Thursdays this winter -
harp lesson in the afternoon, Celtic session in the evening

Next, to Spanish Banks for a walk along the beach with the Saturday strollers and joggers, and the winter ducks - mostly out of my camera range, but an obliging flock of widgeons bobbed up and down on the waves just off-shore.






And to top off the day, Rowan was free (after her indoor hockey game) for a birthday sushi
supper with Diana, Doco and me in front of the fire.






No comments:

Post a Comment